Re: Weber problems

To: leblancm@brooktree.com
Subject: Re: Weber problems
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 11 Jul 97 15:32:45
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris, you wrote:

>>I have a 77 spitfire with a weber dgav carb.  I was driving and all was
fine.  I made a stop and when I started it back up it didn't want to rev
up.  It started wheezing (for lack of a better term) almost as soon as I
pressed on the gas.  Had to tow it home with my pickup.
I started looking at the carb as it seemed like a fuel starvation
problem.  I checked the fuel pump and all seemed fine there.  I pulled
the main jets and idle jets to check for blocks and all looked good.
The engine will idle all day, just can't get it past 2000 rpms.<<

Do you have a mechanical ignition?  Check the points gap,
for starters.  This sounds just like what (I thought) my HS4s were doing.  Good
luck.

--
Martin Secrest
74 GT6 III