Re: Keep original color on TR6?

To: KMNTR6@aol.com, dstauffa@csc.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Keep original color on TR6?
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 15:32:11 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-11 23:07:06 EDT, KMNTR6@aol.com writes:

> What the heck is wrong with Laurel Green? It is a beautiful color. If the
car
>  is painted CORRECTLY and all evidence of any other color is removed, it is
>  perfectly OK. Even if you were to put your car into a strict Concours
>  judging, neither the VTR not the TRA checks color numbers. Go for it.
>  Ken Nachman

Ken, I agree with your philosophy and it wouldn't bother me BUT -- 1. TRA
DOESN'T DO TR6's - only TR2/3 and just recently TR4).  And 2) TRA  will
"dock" a TR4 a whopping eight points for "non-standard paint including
metallic" in Concours judging.  (Now I just realized that that is subject to
interpretation regarding color - but, that's what the TR4 draft guidelines
say).  Cheers.

Art Kelly