Valance??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Valance??
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 19:51:02 -0400
I've *finally* gone to get the bumpers for my 77 Spitfire off the 72 GT6
I've been scavenging at the local bone-yard..  I picked up both bumpers,
the license plate lamp, old style small front over-riders and the door
mirror for FIFTY BUCKS!!!!  Deal-o-rama!  Of course, pulling the stuff
off the GT6 in direct Florida sunlight on a 100 degree/100% humidity day
was no picnic..   I must've sweated off 10 pounds in the process.  I
guess now I've covered the Blood & the Sweat parts, I suppose the tears
come later, when I start to tally up the receipts!

Anyway, my question is this, (and forgive my screetching ignorance):
While removing the front bumper on the GT6 I noticed it had a "valance"
of sorts that bolted to the front crossmember at three points and was
located immediately below the plastic grill...   It sort of finished off
the opening below the grill and covered that frame crossmember...  I was
going to salvage it, but it was really in poor shape so I passed, but
I'm wondering if my 77 Spit is supposed to have a similar piece? I've
consulted the Vicky Brit catalog, and they have the bracket and the
hardware, but they don't list the piece itself..  My Spit has the
plastic chin spoiler, and I've always thought it looked sort of
unfinished where this valance would go.  Am I supposed to have one?!?!

Thanks!

John

http://www.jacksonville.se.mediaone.net/~suchak/toys.htm (pictures with
the old bumpers and those UGLY big over-riders)