Re: Keep original color on TR6?

To: dstauffa@csc.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Keep original color on TR6?
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 10:22:21 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 7/10/97 3:35:04 PM, dstauffa@csc.com wrote:

>I'm in the process of a frame-off restoration on my TR6.  The original
>color was Laurel Green.  The body is being stripped to the metal for
>repairs and a respray.  I was thinking about using the 1973 + Mimosa Yellow
>instead.  Does anyone have thoughts about using a different color that
>original.  The car will be a daily driver and not for show.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Dave

Dave
What the heck is wrong with Laurel Green? It is a beautiful color. If the car
is painted CORRECTLY and all evidence of any other color is removed, it is
perfectly OK. Even if you were to put your car into a strict Concours
judging, neither the VTR not the TRA checks color numbers. Go for it.
Ken Nachman
RIchmond Triumph Register