RE: TR6 Clutch Problem.

To: triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Clutch Problem.
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:40:40 -0500
Mark S. Lepore, MD wrote:

    Mark,  I should actually look at my car before responding and not
just rely on my memory,  because some of what I told you is incorrect.
There is only one wire one each turn signal bulb. The other wire is
actually attached to the housing the bulb socket plugs into. This
supplies the ground to all the bulbs on that side the car.  Assuming
that your turn signals are working, your the ground is ok.  I would
make sure the reverse light socket is still good. Sometimes the bit of
metal that runs from the wire to the bottom of the socket fails to make
good contact with the bulb.  You can switch the turn signal and reverse
sockets to test of the reverse socket is bad or not.  The problem could
also be with the sending unit on the top of the transmission. But check
the easiest solution first. Let me know what you find out.

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/