Re: Brake Repairs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Brake Repairs
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 20:17:51 -0400
Hey Jeff and Dan,

Regarding the brake servo rebuilds, just a data point for consideration:

A few months ago I called a long-time Hemmings advertiser, `Booster'
Dewey, who rebuilds brake boosters, for a price quote for the TR-6
type booster, but he said that he had never had any requests to rebuild
that particular model, and did not have any price or availability info.

Just thought this may save someone a phone call or two.

 >In a message dated 97-07-12 12:36:04 EDT, 66austin@mursuky.campus.mci.net
 >(Jeff Slaton) writes:
 >
 ><< The master cylinder on my 74 TR6 has shown its age.  I am going to have
 > to rebuild it in the coming days.  >>snip<<  I also wondered if I
 > should  rebuild the servo as well? >>
 >
 >Jeff:
 >
>I had to replace my TR6 servo awhile back because I couldn't find replacement
 >parts. If you have, or can find, a source, please post it to the list!
 >
 >Dan Masters,
 >Alcoa, TN

Good luck,
Tom Tweed