Stuck Spark Plugs

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Stuck Spark Plugs
From: "Damian Penney" <dpenney@mail.ftpoint.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:23:21 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
The spark plugs in my TR6 are in so tight that even with a T-bar type spark
plug wrench and a foot long ring spanner attached to the T-bar for leverage
the damn things still won't budge. I daresay I could apply more pressure
but I really don't want to damage the block, any tips, is it likely
something bad would happen if I applied a huge amount of pressure to the
plug ? Is it more likely they have been over-tightend or that they have
merely rusted in place (can plugs rust, my gut says no but I could be
wrong). Would it be better to attempt this when the engine was warm. Any
advice would be very welcome.

TIA, Damian
73 - TR6

Damian Penney