Re: Stuck Spark Plugs

To: "Damian Penney" <dpenney@mail.ftpoint.com>, "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Stuck Spark Plugs
From: "M.A.Thomas" <mathomas@novice.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:30:54 -0400
It doesn't take much for plugs to "cold weld" into place.  One excellent
trick for preventing seizing spark plugs --> anti seize compound!  After
stripping out the threads of my Mazda (aluminum head), I never change plugs
without the stuff.  Up here, just a trip to the local Canadian Tire and a
bottle is pretty cheap -- considering how much a head rebuild (or a Heli
Coil) costs.

BTW, I was warned off changing plugs with a hot engine while I owned a
Beetle -- it can lead to cracking the head.

Michael Thomas
1975 Spitfire