Re: Windshield chrome trim

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Windshield chrome trim
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 20:23:25 -0400
John,
It never occurred to me to do it any other way! Make sure the chrome
plastic strip and rubber seal are warm by leaving the car in the sun for
awhile or using a hairdryer, and lubricate both parts with warm soapy
water. Make sure you start at the bottom center of the windshield and try
not to cut much off when the ends meet. The strip shrinks over time, and
the clip will not be long enough to span the gap left from the shrinkage.
 It's tough on the thumbs, but fairly easy.
Good luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO