Re: Windshield chrome trim

To: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield chrome trim
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 19:15:09 -0700
Cc: John Di Fede <difejo@consumer.org>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Not speaking from so much from experience...  though I did install one
back in about '78...   IF I WERE TO DO IT TODAY....

as I installed the new trim... starting at the center, etc... I would
cut the trim so that, at first, I don't need the clip... (i.e. so that
the two ends touch)   then I would live without the clip for a few
months... until it's really been exposed and has shrunk... (and it WILL
shrink)   THEN... at this later date... I would trim as little as
necessary... to put the clip in to clean up the final appearance....

Otherwise.... it's probably just going to shrink beyond your clip's
ability to hide ends!  ...just as mine did in '78.

Anyone second this notion?

Justin
jmwagner@greenheart.com
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner