Re: Opinions?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Opinions?
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 23:25:24 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: sdecker@bellsouth.net
I have a 70 GT6+ which I am in the process of modifying into a hot street
machine. I road in a lister's 69 GT6+ last night that is set up for road
racing with a mildly modified 2 liter engine and it was fast and a blast.
Can't wait to get mine modified and on the road. I have always like the GT
over all the other Triumphs. I am planning to put a 2.5 liter TR6 engine in
it and bullet proof the trans and dif. I seriously believe the trans and dif
can be improved and if that doesn't work I'll put in some Japanese units!
Hope you decide on the GT6+ but any Triumph would be fun. It seems like the
TR6's are very reliable and if you don't want to mess with the GT6+
transmission that may be a good alternative. The GT6+ transmission is the
same as in the MkIII but the rear suspensions are different.
Good luck whichever way you go.

Greg Wolf
70 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan