Re: TR6 frame stiffening

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 frame stiffening
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:30:47 -0700
Cc: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings, fellow Triumphants!
>
> In the next few days I will be standing in front of my bare TR6 frame with a
> determined glint in my eye, grit in my craw, and a welder in my hand. This
> would be a dang good time to stiffen up the frame a little. The standard TR6
> frame is quite flexible.
>
> Anyone have any good ideas on how to do this? Where to place the appropriate
> braces? Any and all ideas will be welcome!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dan Masters,
> Alcoa, TN
>
> '71 TR6---------3000mile/year driver, fully restored
> '71 TR6---------undergoing full restoration and Ford 5.0 V8 insertion - see:
>                     http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/
> '74 MGBGT---3000mile/year driver, original condition
> '68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74

I have a most excellant short article on "Strengthening the TR 6 frame"
from "Grassroots Motorsports" magazine.  I have to go over to my storage
facility to look up something for someone else... I'd be happy to send
you a copy if you could give me your snail-mail address... (i don't have
a scanner yet.)

Justin
jmwagner@greenheart.com
http://www.greenheart.com/jmwagner