Greetings - New GT6 owner - Gearbox additives

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Greetings - New GT6 owner - Gearbox additives
From: "Neil" <NJM@isvr.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:17:21 +0000
Greetings!

I am new to the list and have bought a 69 GT6 mk2 about 1 month ago.
It is a valencia blue in about A2 condition.  I am still finding out
about it, really (such as the joint in the steering column which
needed tightening - improved the handling no end!).  My main current
queries are:

1) The box is quite noisy and crunchy in 3rd.  Having just bought
the car I want to put off replacing the box and wonder if anyone has
tried using gearbox additives such as Slick 50 and whether they have
any benefit?

2) It really is quite a warm place to be!  Any ideas for cutting down
the heat?

3) What mpg should I expect?

4) It has a Spit differential which puts the speedo out of
calibration.  Any ideas on a multiplication formula to enable me to
know exactly how fast I am going?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Neil.

(-:    NEIL'S exclusive one line signature    :-)