Re: New GT6 owner -additives

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: New GT6 owner -additives
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 07:58:59 -0700
Welcom to the "GT6 club" and the list!
*************************
>1) The box is quite noisy and crunchy in 3rd.  Having just bought
>the car I want to put off replacing the box and wonder if anyone has
>tried using gearbox additives such as Slick 50 and whether they have
>any benefit?
**************************
Don't use any additives, if it's noisy and crunching in only one or two
gears then, sorry, the only real cure is to rebuild or replace the gearbox.
 I'm surprised it's third, usually second goes first.
***************************
2) It really is quite a warm place to be!  Any ideas for cutting down
the heat?
***************************
Welcome to the world of GT6's, quite a common complaint.  Other than
insulating the tranny tunnel, and making sure the door seals are in good
shape I don't know of any other way to cut down the heat.
You can expect around 25-30 mpg.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )