update on wire wheel problems and chrome trim

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: update on wire wheel problems and chrome trim
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 97 11:58:11 -0500
     Hello all;

        Thanks for all your response on my TR-6 chrome windshield trim
     question.  I replaced the trim last evening in record time using Dove
     dish detergent and a rubber mallet.  I cut the trim so it just touched
     and installed the clip.  I hope it won't shrink so much that it comes
     out from under the clip.  I've kept the excess new trim and the old
     clip just in case.

        Again, thanks for your ideas on my wire wheel questions.  I'm
     ashamed to say that the problem was my lack of experience with wire
     wheels, and the installation of leaking tubes that I presumed were
     good.  It seemed that as the tubes leaked, the air pressure in the
     tire would lessen and the tires and tubes would shift slightly.  What
     I thought was a leak at the valve stem, was actually the trapped air
     between the tube and the tire escaping through the rim at the hole for
     the valve stem.  It seems that wire wheels are somewhat air tight and
     when I jiggled the valve stem I would hear air escaping there and
     asumed a valve stem leak.

        Anybody going to the TRF summer party?

     John Di Fede
     Hopewell Jct. NY.

     75 TR-6
     73 MGB
     80 MGB (project for sale)

     "MANY OF LIFE'S FAILURES ARE PEOPLE WHO DID NOT REALIZE HOW CLOSE THEY
     WERE TO SUCCESS WHEN THEY GAVE UP" - Thomas A. Edison