Start while on stands

To: triumph@vmas
Subject: Start while on stands
From: iclough@on.bell.ca
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 97 14:55:44 EDT
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85.2.1]

Hi Folks,

   A few months ago someone was asking whether it was okay to start a TR6
while it was up on jackstands,  I'm at that same point now.  I have a TR6
completely off the ground resting on 4 jackstands, which are resting on
solid patio stones.  The car has no wheels and is about to have its body
removed, I thought that while I wait for pieces and extra money, I could
do some work on the engine. So, what is the concensus, is it okay to start
this car without it crashing to the ground??

Thanks,

Ian Clough
Ottawa, Canada
'74 & '75 TR6's