TR 4 Restoration Progress & Parts Car available

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR 4 Restoration Progress & Parts Car available
From: William F Daehler <WFDAEHLE@mail.delcoelect.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:47:05 -0600

I'm way in over my head, but I continue, one bolt at a time. Yes, once
you get used to black fingernails progress is much quicker.

I lost about a year trying to put a TR6 engine into the TR4, but it
sure didn't fit. Thanks to all the guys on the list who relieved me of
my TR6 paraphernalia. I took the money, and plowed it into a Class 2
trailer hitch on my van, rented a car dolly from U-Haul.  I then went
to a Triumph boneyard near Green Bay and brought back to Milwaukee a
parts car, one with the right engine.  The bonnet had the classic stuck
hood latch, so it had not been parted out.  The front grille was in
excellent condition, as I needed one desperately.  After two weeks of
huffing and puffing, the engine is out, and sitting on my garage floor.
But the engine needs a complete rebuild as it is frozen solid.  So I'm
taking a little pause here and catch my breath. (Read as: I have no
plan as to what to do next).

Before I send my parts car to heaven, does any body need any parts?
The gas tank looks easy to remove and is solid.  Nothing on the
interior cockpit is any good except for the metal glove box door. All
the chassis parts are present, axles, suspension and frame. The body
is in good condition, but the doors are feeble.  The hood of course is
ready to ship as I had to take it off to get the engine out.  My
neighbour across the street runs a packaging service center, and he
gives me great deals packing and shipping stuff as long as I keep
starting his daughter as Center on my soccer team.

Will Daehler
414-768-2170
wfdaehle@mail.delcoelect.com
63 TR4, 62 TR4 parts car