TR6 clutch

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 clutch
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:37:12 -0500 (EST)
I'll try this again, since I didn't get much response the first time.
        My '72 TR6 has had minor clutch problems for the last two
months.   Let me explain how this started.  Last year the throwout
bearing went out, taking with it one of the pressure plate tabs.  This
tab lodged itself between the diaphragm and the plate, preventing any
disengagement of the clutch.  Back in April, I finally figured this out,
and the clutch was working fine.  However, while the clutch wasn't
working, I thought it might only be seized and tried forcing it into gear
to loosen it up.  This eventually broke the reverse fulcrum pin, and the
transmission had to come back out.  Since that time, the clutch hasn't
worked consistently.  I can disengage it most of the time when it's cold,
but, when it warms up, it doesn't always work.  I suspect the problem may
stem from my accidentally loosening the line fitting when I was bleeding the
line.  However, I'm wondering if the diaphragm may have cracked more,
preventing the clutch from disengaging.  I can't imagine that the
hydraulics might have developed a leak so soon, or could they?
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)