Re: FW: Race Cars Out There (long)

To: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Race Cars Out There (long)
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:44:38 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John Matthews wrote:
> Brakes are big
> > Spitfire calipers front and stock rears.......[snip]
> > +++++++++++++++++
> > John - "Big Spitfire calipers...."???????  What have you been smoking John?
> >  Of course, I guess by comparison........Nah, I really can't think of any
> > calipers smaller than Spit calipers.  Are you dreaming? (chuckle)  ;^ )
> > Ross D. Vincenti
> > Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
> > Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Division
> > Los Angeles, CA 90015
> > (213) 742-4756
> > (213) 741-6945 or 742-4010 fax
> > ross.vincenti@transamerica.com
> > 64 Spitfire 4
> > 64 Porsche 356C Coupe
>
> Ross,
>
> They're bigger than the ones I took off.
> Even had to grind down the casing to get them to fit.

John,
        Why not go for 4 pot callipers with vented discs? The calipers are
easily available in the UK (Austin Princess) to fit standard Vitesse
discs. A spacer kit is available to fit Ford Capri 2.8i Vented discs
with these calipers. Just a thought.....

                Regards,
                        Bill.

--

    ^================^      This Message sent by:
 | |                  | |   1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup