TR6 Front suspension and Locktite

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Front suspension and Locktite
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 13:51:19 -0400
Hey all,

        Thanks for the replies on the Gasket Goo.  Now for the next question,
should Locktite be used on the front suspension components?  If so which
ones?

        Obviously I would think the nuts that are held in place with a
cotter-pin require no locktite.  However the DPO used locktite on the
bolt that went through the trunnion!  Needless to say it was a bear to
get out.  Is this necessary.

        Also if I use locktite on the threads of a bolt doesn't this mean I can
never remove the nut from the bolt?  Should I be using locktite on the
bolts on the prop and drive shafts?  There wasn't any there when I
disassembled.

Thanks,
JHD IV