Parts Suppliers

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Parts Suppliers
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 14:40:35 -0500
     I've done quite a bit of busines with Moss, TRF, Vicki Brit and
     Special Interest.  IMHO the best suppliers are Moss and TRF.  The
     service at Moss has been fantastic.  TRF has always sent me parts that
     are original or as good.  My most recent experiences with Vicki Brit
     has me not ever ordering from them again.  Special Interest has
     provided mwe with some excellent prices along with headaches.

     Victora British is IMHO the worst.  Most recently I purchased rear
     brake shoes for my TR-6 based on a $19.00 price.  When I got them they
     did not have the same length of friction material as the original
     shoes.  This was an inferior product.  To have installed them would of
     diminished the rear braking as the friction area in contact with the
     drums was less then original spec.  I wound up spending an additional
     $29.00 for the right pair from TRF.  When I called VB ( on hold 10
     minutes) they said to return the brake shoes post paid.  It wasen't
     worth my time and effort for a $15.00 credit.  I think that the
     customer service rep I spoke with couldn't of cared less.

       Besides VB's shipping rates check out their return policy.  Unless
     an item is defective, it's yours. VB won't take it back!  Their policy
     stinks when compared to Moss or TRF.

       I always try to deal with TRF whenever I can.  If they don't have
     what I need I call Moss.  I really feel that TRF looks out for OUR
     best interests.  It's just too bad that Charles Runyon has diverted so
     much money into his blasted bar/restaurant that he can't afford to
     have any stock on hand.  What was his last idea?  Growing free range
     chickens on his family farm??

        Charles, if you're listening, STICK TO WHAT YOU DO WELL...LBC AUTO
     PARTS!!!!

     Just my .02 worth

     John DiFede
     Hopewell Jct, NY

     75 TR-6
     73 MGB
     80 MGB (project for sale)

     "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they
     were to successs when they gave up"  Thomas A. Edison