Re: TR6 clutch question

To: Sandy Levine <slevine@toucan.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch question
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:42:24 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sandy Levine wrote:

> I just replaced the clutch, pressure plate, release bearing and sleeve in
> my 70 TR6. The Moss and Vicky Brit catalog shows a small Roll Pin that has
> something to do with the relase fork and release bearing carrier. (the pin
> is not identified in TRF catalogs and I am not referencing the larger pins
> on the release fork)
>
> Can someone tell me exactly where this pin goes. It is not obvious to me
> and as a pure novice I am sure I will understand as soon as someone points
> it out.
>
> Thanks

> Sandy Levine                              813-962-0100 (v)
> slevine@toucan.com                        813-962-2330 (f)

Sandy:

The roll pin is mounted through the groove around the carrier where the
fork pins engage.  I believe it's primary purpose is to prevent the
carrier from rotating in the fork while the release bearing is rotating.
I also believe this was added in later bearing sleeves.  The original on
my TR6 did not have this - but the replacement from TRF did.  The
carrier should be installed on the fork/input shaft with the pin in the
"up" position.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6 (driver)
1970 Spitfire (under the knife)