The good and the bad

To: "8" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: The good and the bad
From: "STU-JO" <STU-JO@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:21:53 -0400
Cc: "tri" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Great start to the day. My TR8 passed emissions in full desmogged garb,
67ppm HC, 0.6% CO. Surprised all hell out of me.

Now the bad. I posted a note the other day about my percieved lack of
power, which I confirmed tonight when my fully smogged 100HP TR6 blew it
off!
My understanding is that with the 4 barrrel, freeflow exhaust I should be
around 165 HP. Last time the response as to what could be wrong was rather
underwhelming. Hoping someone has a bright idea.The car just seems slow to
rev up. There is no misfiring, static tinming is 10 degrees BTDC. Lucas
electronic ignition, 8mm wires,new module and cap, resurfaced heads,
rebuilt 420 CFM carb.