Re: VTR Nationals

To: worsley@ebicom.net
Subject: Re: VTR Nationals
From: tr6-20@juno.com (Chris Moore)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:56:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Irv wrote:
 > For our National to be successful in the future, we will need to
>find more of a balance between the 2 groups. This year it seemed that
>the  autocross and rally awards couldn't be passed out to the winners
>fast  enough,

I agree.  For the most part, we've just attended regional VTR events in
the Southeast, but in my  admittedly limited experience, much less
attention is usually (not always) given to the driving events and awards.

> I am in total agreement with Bob Kramer's statement that the VTR
National Convention should put  more emphasis on driving.

Agreed.  A very important factor in determining if we attend a National
or Regional  is whether there will at least be a good autocross.

And Joe Worsley wrote:
>  I trailered the car for a number of reasons but it wasn't to keep it
clean.

JK has to  trailer his racecar because it's not street legal.  I jump at
the chance to trailer my car so I can drive the competition events (VTR &
SCCA) without slowing down because in the back of my mind, I know I have
to be able to drive it home.  But we just have a one-car trailer (and
it's an open one), so my D Street Prepared TR-6 is usually driven to all
events.  With one exception, I've driven it back home each time,
including the 500 or so miles from the Chimney Rock Hillclimbs & Beech
Mtn. Hillclimbs the last four years.  But I just know I could get better
times if there was a trailer waiting there after the event!   :-))

Chris Moore #2 TR6 (black & silver--often washed, regularly waxed)
JK Jackson #20 TR6 (also black & silver--less often washed, waxed
once--maybe)