FW: Re: Body Numbers

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re: Body Numbers
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 11:28:05 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["Richrad W.
Leopold" <rleopold@frontiernet.net>]]

     Date: Fri, 18 Jul 97 23:18:16 -0400
     From: "Richrad W. Leopold" <rleopold@frontiernet.net>
     Subject: Re: Body Numbers

On July 16 John Di Fede wrote:

>My 1975 TR-6, CF36442U, has two number plates  above the right side
>footwell on the firewall.

Hi John,

I read your posting to the list regarding VINs and thought it was
interesting that that our two TR6s have ended up so close to each other.
I also own a 75, CF36645U, and live south of New Paltz in Gardiner. With
about 9200 TR6s manufactured in 1975 there's probably a week or two
between the build dates of the two cars. (They may have come over on the
same ship.) I don't know whether my TR6 was originally sold by a dealer
in the Mid-Hudson Valley, or whether it passed hands from points unknown.
Maybe this will peak my curiosity enough to get a Heritage certificate.

Richard Leopold
75 TR6 Done and drivin'
70 TR6 Sittin' and waitin'