Back from Mossfest / questions about Triumphest -

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Back from Mossfest / questions about Triumphest -
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 09:04:20 -0700
Well, made it back from another great time at Moss motors festival,  Met
some members of the list and the usual friends, (V8 Steve, Alan, Jan, Gary
and Wife, plus many others) congrats to Chris P. for 2nd place on his
Spitfire.  First place for Spitfire was awarded to a white TR4, hummmm,
musta got something mixed up there?
     I think I could do this every weekend, I guess it's the lottery
lifestyle for me :-)  The airfield was used for the slalom.  I didn't run
the Spitfire though because I had just put the 5 speed in and it wasn't
quite broken in yet.  They also had a restored "Moss" Tiger Moth biplane
and while looking at it, my girlfriend Rosanne and I were asked if we
wanted a ride.  She had never been in a small plane before so she was
delighted to give it a try.  Another wonderfully accomodating guy there,
Joe had a piper Cub and offered to take me up at the same time, flying
formation, and I got some truly one-of-a-kind air shot's of Rosanne in the
plane over the valley.  I’m sure her 1'st and 2'nd graders will love the
pictures.  I plan on blowing them up poster size!  The wine country tour
was great, kinda wonder about wine -driving-wine-driving etc.?  Weather was
great.  And an announcement at the end of the event was that since next
year would be the fiftieth anniversary of Moss Motors the entry fee for
anyone bringing there British car would be FREE!!!
Now a question about Triumphest, actually about the weather.  I am still up
in the air about attending this year mostly because of the weather.  I was
planning on taking the GT6+ this year as I took the Spit last year and I
like to alternate.  Is anyone living in/near the area, or been there during
early October.  If it's anywhere near as hot as Vegas I may bow out.  The
GT6 is hot inside all by it's self and doesn't need any help.  This looks
like about a 6-7 hour trip for me and the thought of driving in the desert
heat, especially in the GT6 is not very appealing.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )