Re: '74 TR6 originality question

To: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Subject: Re: '74 TR6 originality question
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>My '74 TR6 (built in Dec 1973 according to the plate inside the LH door
>frame) has the big rubber over-riders on the bumpers.  Various sources say
>this didn't start until 1975.  Are the sources wrong, or is my car?
>From memory the commission number is CF 16107U.  Can't recall the body
>number right off. (Thought I wrote them all down.  Will probably find them
within 10 seconds of hitting SEND.  *sigh*)
>Ted Stevens

Ted
My '74 TR6 was built Jan 2nd, 1974. It has the rubber overiders just like
yours. Your car is correct. My commission number is CF16990U. So I guess our
cars were built within 900 cars of each other. Look at a 1975 TR6. It is VERY
different from yours. It has a raised bumper, different emission controls
like an air pump on the engine, and the Triumph badges are different. Write
me directly if you have any questions. Also if you don't have one, get a
Heritage certificate for your car. It can answer a lot of questions.
Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register
1957 TR3