Re: '74 TR6 originality question

Subject: Re: '74 TR6 originality question
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:55:31 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Van,
        Starting that year, all cars sold in the U.S. were required to
have impact-absorbing bumpers.  Most also have shock absorbers built in,
too.  They aren't a bad idea, but the British companies did a horrendous
job of implementing the regulations.  Much nicer looking bumpers were put
on German cars: rubber all along, instead of in two prominent locations.
I'm glad mine is a '72, with respectable looking bumpers.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)