Spitfire dash and TR3 Bumper

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire dash and TR3 Bumper
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:35:23 -0400
Triumphant Ones,

Last week, someone inquired about the dash on their '72 Spit. I know
that Andy Mace gave a partial answer, but I wanted to clarify some
points. First, if the dash is wood grained, then it is definitely
a replacement, as the '72 had a vinyl covered one. The PO most likely
found a wood dash and liked it more, and replaced it. He may have kept
some or all of the guages from the latter dash, which would explain
the Unleaded Fuel Only gas guage and the rheostat light dimmer.

The other reason for this post, is that I met a gentleman last week
who is restoring a '57 "small mouth" TR3. He is in need of a front
(I assume) bumper. ISTR that someone had mentioned a source for TR
parts in Ohio, (_not_ TS Imported), and I told him that I would try
to get him the name. Can anyone help? Or does anyone have a bumper
for this car that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com
dmitchel@ismi.net