Re: back from Malone, NY auto show

To: rick <rick@vir.com>
Subject: Re: back from Malone, NY auto show
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:48:18 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, rick wrote:

> I went to the Malone, NY auto show on Sunday. Nice 2 hour ride from
> Montreal...my TR6 was stuck between a 195'something Hot Rod buick with a
> chopped top, mags and flames and a 60's Chrysler convertible. Upon seing
> the little TR between those behemoth, my girlfriend doubts it's
> safety!!!

Similarly, I attended the Adirondack Triumph Association's British
Motorfest '97 in Schenectady this past Sunday. Whilst wandering the
spectator parking lot at one point, I came upon a 1958 Lincoln Continental
III. To say this is a large car is a bit like labeling Bill Gates' new
house a "charming little cabin in the woods"! Not three cars away was a
charming MG-TC with cycle front fenders and a large Shorrock(?) blower
peeking out the off-side of the bonnet! The contrast between the two cars
was, er, significant! :-)

--Andy