Re: Frame Stiffening

To: drake@direct.ca, jmwagner@greenheart.com
Subject: Re: Frame Stiffening
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:48:36 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-07-22 08:16:13 EDT, drake@direct.ca writes:

>  <<  snip  >> nobody has a copy of Grassroots,
>  none of the bookstores carry it as they haven't had any
>  requests, and when I wrote to Grassroots to try to obtain a
>  complimentary copy they wouldn't mail one to Canada!!!
>  Maybe a geography lesson was missed by those in charge as I
>  think they are missing a potential large market here (but
>  saving the fifty cents it might cost to mail up a comp copy
>  or two). << snip >>

Len, don't feel "put upon".  My experience with Grassroots Motorsports has
shown me that they are not very good businessmen, no matter how good their
magazine.  I had a sample copy, decided not to subscribe (only because I
thought I had subscriptions to enough car magazines).  Several months later I
picked up the latest issue and thumbed through it at the newsstand.  I
decided to subscribe anyway, so I called Grassroots and explained that I
wanted to obtain the issue I had seen at the newsstand and begin my
subscription with that.  They told me that a new issue was already out and my
sub would start with the new issue.  When I asked if I could get the one I
wanted (remember it was the issue before) they said "at the cover price".  It
seemed to make no difference that I was attempting to subscribe.
Needless to say they did not get my subscription.  They got nothing.  I
couldn't believe it.
IMO -They will not survive if they continue to do business like this. Cheers.

Art Kelly