California Emissions

To: Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: California Emissions
From: "Douglas E. Shook" <dshook@usc.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:29:14 -0400
Somebody posted on why one should increase valve lash to pass
emissions--I assume to futher "detune" the engine (allow less mixture
into the cylinders). This basically will provide the effect of having a
"milder" cam.

However, I am curious as to whether any Californians out there have been
able to pass CA emissions with something other than the stock cam,
Stromberg CDs, 7.75 compression, etc.

I have a 74 that will be heading to the tester for the first time in
about 5 years, and am curious as what to expect.

If there are any tips you would like to provide off-line, please email
me at dshook@usc.edu.

Thanks in advance,

doug shook
TR6