Crankcase Breather mystery solved...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Crankcase Breather mystery solved...
From: Spitfire15@prodigy.com ( CHRISTOPHER J REILLY)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:24:57, -0500
-- [ From: old chris * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Just a quick note to anyone who saw my question on crankcase breather on
a Spitfire.  Took the valve cover off again and after chiselling the
welds on the baffle plate on one side I was able to
get at the filter material.  This material was NASTY ! Seems to be
coarse steel wool and all gummed up, hence not allowing any breathing.
I plan to replace with fresh stuff and hopefully get the cover back on
before race day...

for inquiring minds...

Chris
'78 Spitfire ( breathing treatments completed )