Starter Woes

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Starter Woes
From: "Mr. Michael D. Fatsi" <mdfatsi@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 22:51:51 -0400
Since I jump started a Corvette a week ago I have suffered from starter
woes. My battery died. I replaced it. My starter was sticking. I thought
it was the solenoid, so I replaced the starter. My starter still sticks
howwever. Yesterday the starter jammed and wouldn't stop spinning. I
disconnected all the wires on the fusebox and it still spun. Finally I
pulled the battery lead and the starter disengaged. Whew... This leaves
me to think that the problem is in the key switch. Anybody care to
confirm my theory. Or could it be something else? Starter relay?
-MF