Re: TR6 Valve seat fit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Valve seat fit
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 06:59:29 -0700
>The machine shop called him to let him know that they had
>the exhaust seats in, but there wasn't much room for the intakes.  In
>fact, they would probably touch the exhaust seats.  Are there any
>consequences of having them too close? Or leaving the intake seats out?
***********************
Chad,
This is the way its supposed to be, in fact the service manual (GT6, but
the heads the same) actually shows the procedure and dmensions for
installing them that way.  The inserts overlap and one is installed first,
then the other is 'cut' slightly into it.  In practice, it's just as well
to only replace the exhaust seats with hardened ones unless absolutely
necessary for unleaded conversions as these are the seats and valves most
affected by not having lead.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )