TR3 Radiator Capacity

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Radiator Capacity
From: Doug Mathews <tr3run@peachnet.campus.mci.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:53:29 -0400
>From my manuals, the TR3 cooling system is about 4 gals in capacity. My
questions are:

1. What is the capacity of the radiator?

block when opened, thermostat removed, and the radiator cap off?

Yes, I'm working on an overheating problem, and after draining the
radiator, flushing the system, I could only put about 2 gals of fluid
back in. After running it awhile, I checked and it was full of fluid.
This was the case after rinsing the flushing liquid also. This is after
I've opened both drains and nothing else comes out. I did remove the
block drain and cleared gunk out of the opening, so I know its
clear.</paraindent>