New to Triumphs

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New to Triumphs
From: adnan.merchant@nellcorpb.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 97 12:42:16 -0800
     I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of basket-case TR3As that
     are in decent condition.   Chassis in good shape but both need new
     floorpans.   No parts are missing as a number of new parts come with
     the cars.   Both are California cars and have sat under an awning in
     this condition for the past fifteen years.

     Knowing very little about Triumphs I'm hoping you can give me some
     idea of what I ought to pay for them.   Wish I could provide more
     specific details but as yet I haven't got enough knowledge to ask the
     right questions of the owner.

     One car is a '57 and the other a '61 with parts enough for two
     complete cars.   If I were to buy just one of them, is the '57
     preferable over the '61 or vice-versa.

     Thanks in advance for your input.

     Adnan