Re: BAD parts supplier

To: triumph@uriel.net
Subject: Re: BAD parts supplier
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G. Miceli)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:25:06 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Just a note to anyone who lives in the North East area about a bad parts
supplier.

Last May, a friend of mine and I attended the Carlisle Import car show
and flea market. It was a great time and one of the items we purchased
was a rebuildable overdrive box for a TR6.

We paid $650.00 for a box that was represented as being "all there" from
BOB KEEFER of British Sports car Services in Sykesville, MD.

Well,  just yesterday my friend Dean opened the box  up only to find that
all of the guts had been removed and the planetary gears had been welded
.

I can't say whether the seller knew of the deception or not, but his
response to Dean was TOUGH LUCK. !!!   $650 for a transmission case!
That's it, no offer to help supply the missing parts or even an offer to
refund a small portion of the purchase price. Just "TOO BAD".  And this
after he said it was all there.

Needless to say, I plan on contacting the show promoters at Carlisle as
well as Hemmings Motor News about this person.

BE  FORE WARNED

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag