Possitive Camber Problem

To: vicwhit@octonline.com
Subject: Possitive Camber Problem
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 17:43:57 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
This is a real puzzler! I think it's time to start checking parts
numbers on your car. Remember the same basic suspension is used on
the Herald and Vitesse, too.

Is problem *Perfectly* equal on both sides? Are the vertical links
straight? Are the axles straight?Are the Trunions correct? Could the
lower A arms be reversed (on the wrong sides or upsidedown)? Are
there some strange shims where the towers meet the frame? Do the
motor mounts on the towers look funny, twisted or strained?

I keep thinking it's something simple if it's equal on both sides.
Something is reversed or the wrong part has been used....

When I rebuilt the front end on my TR4A somone had reversed the
front and rear upper control arms on one side!. Very funky steering!
(I think the spit's the same F/R.)

I'd be glad to take any measurements off my Spit for comparison.
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900