FW: Re: The Red Car and Web Page

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re: The Red Car and Web Page
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:05:56 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from
[triumph_tr4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)]]

     Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:25:03 -0800
     From: triumph_tr4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)
     Subject: Re: The Red Car and Web Page

>Chris Lillja wrote:
>>
>> I remember this thread coming up a few months ago... I remember
>> reading a book in grade school called The Red Car. It changed my
>> life... here's how it goes. Farm boy finds red car (MG TC)
>> semi-wrecked in barn. He buys it against the wishes of his father. He
>> fixes it up with the help of an ex-racing driver mechanic Frenchy.
>> Frenchy teaches him how to drive. Farm boy goes on to win hometown
>> Grand Prix. This was completely and totally cool when I was 12 yrs.
>> old....
>I remember reading this book when I was a kid also.  It also had a big
>impact on my life.
>--
For me it was "Fast Green Car" by W. E. Butterworth that cemented my
fate.  Read it when I was 13 or 14 and I still have the book.  In writing
this post I just pulled it out and found that the Acknowledgment includes
a bit about a TR-4!  Maybe this explains my attraction to this model.  By
the way, the book itself is about a guy driving a Morgan.

My Web page is up, not very complex yet, but it does have pictures of both
of my TR-4s and a couple of Spitfires.  It can be found at:
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/PAGE1.html

So Long,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca