Re: Metrinch tools

To: "'dsforza@megahits.com'" <dsforza@megahits.com>, Steinbeck Michael <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
Subject: Re: Metrinch tools
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 97 08:59:21 EDT
Cc: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Jul 24,  8:34am, Steinbeck Michael wrote:
> My TR4 was imported from
> California (to Germany) by the previous owner in 1990. He also replaced
> some of the (worn out) nuts and bolts with metric counterparts (usually
> inch size nuts and bolts are hard to find in Germany).

I see.  As long the metric ones fit well, and are replaced as nut/bolt
sets, there shouldn't be a safety issue.  What would worry me is that
the wrong grade of bolt might be used, or a metric bolt put into
an inch threaded hole.  I'd hate to see something break for lack
of the correct bolt.

good luck,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU