Re: Positive Camber Problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Positive Camber Problem
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:16:29 -0700
I seem to remember something about having two shims under each lower a-arm
mounting bracket in this original thread and the originator not wanting to
change this?  There is no 'set' number of shims.  That is why they are
shims and not spacers.  These are correctly used to set camber as well as
castor, not toe in.  I've seen as many as six, and as few as one.  As far
as I know there should be no shims under the suspension turrets.  There are
none listed in any parts catalogs nor any references made to this in any
repair or service manuals- (and none on any of the frames I've seen) If the
alignment can not be done with these shims then something is bent or you
have the wrong (?) parts or they are somehow (?) incorrectly assembled.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )