TR4 keys (wasRe: TR6 Keys / Locks)

To: suhring@lancnews.infi.net, ewcorco@erenj.com
Subject: TR4 keys (wasRe: TR6 Keys / Locks)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 22:07:14 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-07-25 05:16:54 EDT, suhring@lancnews.infi.net (scott
suhring) writes:

> I have a '70 TR6 (Comm No CC 51904 L). No, this {comments above in e-mail]
is
> not correct for the keys (the work of a penny pinching DPO who probably had

> spares or replaced each lock as it went bad seperately). If my recall is
right,
>  which it isn't all the time, the early TR6s came with two keys: the
>  ignition key also works the door locks and a second key for the trunk
>  lock and glove box (I pulled my original owner's manual and verified
>  this).

In case any TR4 afficianado is looking for a similar answer - here it is.

TR4's had 2 keys, one for the ignition and doors and the second for the trunk
and glove box.  They were also shaped differently for ease of use. AND they
are also readily available today from several places.  The numbers are on the
locks and on the keys.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant)