Re: Thanks everybody! From New Onwner

To: krhodes1@maine.rr.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thanks everybody! From New Onwner
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 10:29:12 -0400 (EDT)

> Having always used synthetic oil in all my VW's and Volvo's (to 320,000+
>  miles in an 87 740GLE)  - what is the opinion of using Mobile 1 in a LBC?
>  Am I inviting seal problems? The motor in question was rebuilt with new
>  everything about 2 years/ 5000 miles ago. Same question for transmission
>  and rear end.

Kevin, go to the VTR web page   www.vtr.org   and check out the articles on
lubricants.  There are several articles.  The gist appears to be that once
the engine is broken in synthetics are better (although more expensive).
 Anyway, that's the way I read them.  I am happy with using Mobil 1 and have
seen some torn down racing engines which used it.  Those engines showed very
little wear.  FWIW. Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant