Aluminium Clutch Housing

Subject: Aluminium Clutch Housing
From: François <Spitfire@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 07:16:50 -0400
A member of our club (the French 'Amicale Spitfire') is racing a MK1
Spitfire for years. He has an aluminium (or light alloy) clutch housing on
it, but doesn't know from which triumph model it comes. Today he wants to
make another racing car and asked me about it.
This aluminium housing is different from the original in the position of
the clutch slave cylinder, which is on the other (carburetters) side. He
precises that the starter is on the other side, like the original (so it's
not a GT6/vitesse housing). (He also precise that it's a different starter,
it is not the inertia type, it works with a fork to push the pinion).
Any of you have any idea of this light clutch housing provenance ? Is there
other types of aluminium housings ?

'Amicalement'
François Demont
spitfire@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire

PS Please post any answer to the list but cc: me, I already have 20 or more
complete digests to read.