Re: Spin On Oil Filters / TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spin On Oil Filters / TR6
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 16:38:27 +0200
Cc: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Paul,
for the sake of that "bolthead angle"-originality thinking that You
Yanks seem so obsessed with, of course... ;-)

Over here in Europe nobody cares about what colour the shockabsorbers
are, if the bolt heads should be painted or if the car used to have the
rack'n pinion steering it's got now etc.

We just use 'em, and when they're definitely dead - then we import a
"new" one from it's hibernation in some of Your sunshine states... ;-)

My Spitfire has got an original Volvo oil filter. And the Club actually
sells adapters for them to fit. As You said, why pay absurd amounts of
money when the local Volvo dealer has them for virtually nothing...
But as I said, thats european thinking... ;-)
And; Fram is a big brand over here too.
Your
Odd one

Paul Burr wrote:
> True, but why pay $10 plus shipping for a "eurofilter" when I can get
> the fram at Walmart for $2.50?

When Aaron Johnson had written:

--
Odd Hedberg