Re: Free advice (& some Technical content)

To: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Free advice (& some Technical content)
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 09:23:04 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob Sykes wrote:

> rise to unintentional / stray currents.  So your Lucas lights are
> dim *and* you blow fuses. Cleaning the contacts fixes both problems.
> Or was it jostling those 20+ year old wires and connectors?  Maybe
> Dan got it right when he mentioned a grasshopper might be shorting
> out the bulb ;-)
>
> Back to the fringes.
>
> --
> Bob Sykes
> '78 Spitfires

Had these problems/solutions.  Except the grasshopper.  However, I think
the metal tabs on the tail light sockets loose some of their spring
power over time from heat, age, ?, and they make a poor connection on
the bulbs.  This leads to more heat which leads to less spring which
leads to more . . . .

Anyone found a replacement socket of better design than the old that
will fit inside the lens?

Brian N

65 Spitfire