Re: No spark TR3

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: No spark TR3
From: Franz and Monica Bachmann <fmjm@cyou.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:28:31 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Franz and Monica Bachmann wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get my tr3 running again after sitting 5 years.  I
> > installed new coil, rotor, cap, wires, plugs, condensor, but have no
> > spark but have juice across positive and negative terminals on the coil.
> > Am I correct in putting negative side of coil to the ignition switch and
> > positive side to the distributor???
> >
> > Any help from fellow listers will be most welcome.
> >
> > Franz Bachmann
> > TR3  TS80195L
>
> Which wire goes where on the coil depends upon whether you've gone with
> positive or negative earth. Regardless, though, you'd get spark
> sufficient to power the engine.
>
> My guess is that the surface of the contact points might be dirty if old
> or perhaps covered with a bit of a protectant if new. Either way,
> cleaning those up might help. Also, if you've recently replaced or
> renewed these, depending on the brand, it's easy enough (been there, done
> that) to get the little wire and various bits of nylon washers and
> insulators on the wrong way so that current doesn't flow.
>
> Just a couple of quick thoughts.
>
> --Andy
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * Andrew Mace, President and                *
> *   10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant *
> * Vintage Triumph Register                  *
> * amace@unix2.nysed.gov                     *
Andrew:
VROOM, VROOOOM!!!!!  What a lovely sound!  Haven't heard this purr in 5
years and it sounds just like she did back then.  I was just coming
inside to ask my wife for her nail file and I read your response.
Coincidence??!! Must be TR3 ESP.  Anyway, it worked!! Thank You for your
quick response.

Franz  TR3 TS80195L  Purring once again!!