car show; Syracuse, NY

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: car show; Syracuse, NY
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 10:05:08 -0400
The Jaguar Assoc. of Central NY held their first "All-English" show
yesterday. I was able to attend with my TR6 (for reasons I won't go into
here I hadn't planned to go, ask privately). There were about 40 cars on
hand; about half Jags. Three TR3's and my TR6 were the "modern" Triumphs,
and there was a 1929 Triumph Super 7, which won best in show. I got 1st in
class, much to my surprise, besting a Lotus Europa, several 'B's, and two
E-types in the '70's Sports Car class.

This was the first show I've taken the car to (it didn't rain) and I was a
bit depressed when the show was over by how many cars got loaded into
trailers. It was a small, local show. I am a driver and so's my car...

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)