Re: car show; Syracuse, NY

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested), peb3@cornell.edu (Return requested)
Subject: Re: car show; Syracuse, NY
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 28 Jul 1997 12:21:10 -0400
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 04EB133DCC6F6082-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 28 Jul 1997 12:21:10 -0400
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 28 Jul 1997 12:21:10 -0400
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <04EB133DCC6F6082*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     Until two weeks ago I was a driver only show entrant...that is, I
     always drive my TRs to and from the events...and nearly daily in and
     around the city of Washington DC (must be some sort of lunacy?).

     I have always shared your distain for those who take a really nice
     newer TR to shows on a trailer....having said that...with delivery
     last week of my "new" '47 TR 1800 Roadster (which I delivered from the
     PO by driving the 200 or so miles on a 100 degree day, partly in
     driving T-Storms) I find that suddenly the value of trailering to
     extend the longevity of the impossible to get pieces (nearly all of
     the Roadster) has risen...

     So, I agree with you...and will continue to drive the TR-6, Spit, and
     GT-6s to every where...the 1800 goes by trailer...and I have a new
     tolerance of those others who place really high value on the
     preservation of their LBC.

     Hope I'll see you on the roads...

     Cheers!

     PMcQ